You’re now ready to get pregnant? If you can’t wait long, then follow these seven steps to make the process easier.
Step 1: Go Off Your Birth Control – Ahead of Time
If you’ve been taking birth control pill since high school, well, it’s time that you stop taking it a few months before you start making a baby. That includes other styles of birth control such as injectable shots of progesterone nine month before trying to get pregnant.
Step 2: Figure Out Your Fertile Days
Figuring out your fertile days are important to make sure that you’d have a chance at babymaking. Doctors recommend you to use OPKs which stands for ovulation predictor kits. There are 2 types of basic OPKs that are available: those you only use around the week before you ovulate and those you use every day of the month.
Step 3: Have Sex Before You Ovulate
Your egg could only live between 12 to 24 hours after it’s released only, if you want to get pregnant fast, this is what you’ll need to do:
- start having sex few times a week once your period ends. It ensures that you will not miss your fertile days
- Make a point to have sex every other day starting at 10.
- If you get a positive result on your OPK, have sex that day ad the next to days – technically those days are your primo days out of the month to conceive.
Step 4: Sex Sessions Dos
- Lie on your back after sex: Resting on your back allows the sperm to travel to your egg more easily.
- Have sex before bed: There are sources that states the sperm count is the highest in the morning although there is no optimal time and day to have sex. But doing so before help to ensure that you keep on your back the whole night.
- Keep It Vanilla(Ish): There is no any sex position that’s suitable for babymaking but find one that ensure that you stay on your back.
Step 5: Sex Sessions Don’ts
- Use lube to give sperm a leg up: There are people who thinks that using lube can help the sperm move more faster but the truth is, this can actually delay your efforts in getting pregnant.
- Worry if you don’t get pregnant: One of the pleasures of sex, but, don’t rely on your orgasm to aid in getting pregnant faster.
- Worry about boxers vs. briefs: There’s really no good evidence to show that fertility problems in men due to the fact they’re wearing boxers or briefs. Either way, there’s no problem if he wants to stick wearing his boxers but no guarantee that it can help speed up the timeline of the your pregnancy.
Step 6: Get Ready to Test
Home pregnancy test works because your urine has human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). The placenta will produce this level of hormone, and will continue to rise in the early pregnancy. However, testing too early will most likely leave you a “false negative” whereby the test will tell you that you’re not pregnant but in fact you actually are. Why this happen is because your body is not releasing enough hCG and hasn’t been detected by the test.
Step 7: If the Test Is Negative
You’re not pregnant this month? Don’t worry, because most first couples first attempt in this process turns sour. You’ve probably misread your most fertile days. Try to get it right and you’ll be succeed in the next attempt.